QA Team Lead
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
2Checkout is looking for an QA Team Leader to help with the day to day tasks of the Department and assist the QA Manager with reporting, QA and any other tasks needed to ensure business goals are met.
What you’ll do:
• Assist QA team members with questions or specific situations pertaining to their daily tasks
• Ensure KPI’s are met and internal procedures are followed
• Assist with administrative tasks within the department: task/time management, time off requests, etc.
• Assist with Q&A and individual performance evaluations
• Understand and apply software testing standards.
• Reviews and re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules
• Oversees testing of software features
• Oversees implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests
• Provides suitable solutions for issues/errors based on the understanding of the system and business processes
• Leads/mentors Test Engineers and shares knowledge to make sure QA staff meets technical qualifications required for their positions
• Assists QA Manager in formulating QA standards and best practices, organizational policies and processes and strategic plans
• Assists QA Manager in setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization
• Assists QA Manager in recruiting new staff, conducting interviews and evaluate potential candidates
What you need to know:
• Leadership - provides a clear direction in regards to the daily tasks and is a valuable asset for other team members
• Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Participates in meetings.
• Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Demonstrates a high attention to detail.
• Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Experience in testing various applications, services and user interfaces
• Experience in test automation and creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
• Experience managing a team of QA Engineers
• Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
• Understanding of Agile processes
• Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices & methodologies
• +2 years Experience in working with Python / Pytest as testing frameworks
• At least two years in testing front-end web based apps using Selenium and other industry related tools
• Experience in managing E2E Automation Projects
• Ability to communicate technical aspects to people with non-IT background
• Ability to act as a liaison between QA and development teams
• Ability to offer alternative approaches to achieve the teams goals
• Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing
• Ability to define and prioritize short-term and long-term objectives for the teams and make necessary corrections under changing circumstances
• Ability to motivate teams
• Ability to analyze complex situations and manage all variables to achieve optimal solutions
• Ability to act on the information provided or get information needed so that decisions for project implementations can be made quickly and effectively
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team