SQA Manager - Petro Software
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
We are looking for an SQA Manager who will have the responsibility of leading a team of QA resources providing application testing services for Verifone projects. You will direct and participate in the activities of the software and system test team. You will establish standards, processes, and practices consistent with organization guidelines and directions in order to guide the work of the team and ensure timely, high-quality test results. You shall work closely with the rest of the organization, particularly development engineering, to guarantee the distribution of high-quality software that will meet customer needs and expectations with minimal defects. You shall strive to drive improvements in the organization. You shall select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team. In this position, you will give updates to Sr. Director, Petro Applications.
- Lead and actively participate in test team activities.
- Overcome roadblocks and issues that are impacting the delivery of timely testing.
- Analyze requirements and other engineering documentation to establish test plans, test cases, and test procedures.
- Ensure project schedules and quality standards are set and met.
- Represent your team at management meetings.
- Collaborate with other organizations to ensure customer requirements and Verifone's objectives are being met.
- Provide effective test optimization approaches to maximize coverage within time and resource constraints.
- Receive most assignments in the form of general objectives and establishes how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Work on assignments with potentially ill-defined objectives.
- Work under limited supervision.
- Provide technical guidance for the team members.
- Mentor and helps team members grow and progress in their careers.
- Lead team efforts to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of team activities, including but not limited to enhanced processes, methods, and the effective application of tools and automation.
- Identify budget needs and helps handle the approved budget.
- Accountable for the delivery of the team’s results, including testing results, costs, methods and staffing.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- You have earned a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in SW Engineering or Computer Science; MSc or MBA is a plus.
- Experienced in managing teams in an Agile environment.
- Should have experience in testing Cloud solutions.
- Testing experience of embedded products is a plus
- You possess embedded Linux knowledge.
- You have garnered at least 5 years of test-related experience (test plan & test case creation, test execution, test report generation, etc).
- You have 5+ years of experience in SQA / Test supervisor / management positions (including people management responsibilities).
- At least one year of project team leader experience or related experience including technical project management, along with a working knowledge of project management processes and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of general quality principles and practices.
- Proven knowledge of the phases of systems analysis, the software development process, and/or functional engineering principles.
- Test Automation experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Java is a plus.
- Experience with test scripting, preferably in Python, is an advantage.
- Work experience in a global company is beneficial.
- Experience with payment systems and payment systems testing is helpful.
- You have the ability to lead people and projects, foster teamwork among employees, and effectively handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- You are able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- You have a robust record of proven organizational and planning skills, technical leadership skills, and analytical skills.
- You are willing to travel on a semi-regular basis (2 to 4 times a year).
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team