Software Build Manager
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
As part of the Dublin core embedded Linux Software development team, you will be responsible for revision control, build and release engineering for the operating system components of Verifone's current and next generation products. You will be based in the Verifone Dublin R&D office, a center of excellence office for Linux in Verifone, and you will work closely with other development teams in the US, Europe and Asia. You will report to the Software Development Manager in Dublin.
What you’ll do
- Responsibility for design, development, deployment and maintenance of:
- revision control tools and processes
- build tools and automation
- automation to support Continuous Integration, Test & Delivery.
- Work with developers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Work with development teams in other sites on multi-site development processes and tools.
- Improve development processes and checks to reflect industry best practice.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum 4-year primary degree in computer science or equivalent
- Essential Skills/Experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 3 years working in Unix/Linux development environment, in a build/release engineering role.
- Experience with:
- the deployment and configuration of Continuous Integration tools
- revision control systems
- change management systems
- build automation systems
- Programming/scripting languages
- Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Embedded software experience Linux / Android
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Unix/Linux system administration
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team