Senior Database PLSQL Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
- Do you have an aptitude and real passion for software development and hardware?
- Are you motivated by helping and supporting others?
- Are you a high energy, self-starter, capable of working independently and collaboratively?
If so, we have an exciting and dynamic full time position for you within the Verifone Global Deployment Engineering team.
Verifone is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our Global Deployment Engineering team. The Deployment team is chartered with ensuring Verifone product designs and supply chain systems are built from the start with frictionless deployment in mind. Frictionless deployment means that Verifone can fully automate the terminal software configuration process to enable one touch, cloud-based loading of all terminal software configurations (operating system, applications, security keys, parameters, and other content). Frictionless deployment also means that are terminals are properly set up on all backend servers & portals automatically to enable terminals to connect & transact payments out of the box
Our Deployment team and solutions need to support various forward and reverse logistics supply chain configurations globally involving both direct and indirect market channels. Our solutions need to support a range of supply chain configurations including factory direct, regional fulfillment & repair centers, 3rd party distribution channels, and over the air configuration at the end customer site.
Our deployment applications are constructed using these architectural approaches and techniques:
- REST/Hypermedia and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- MPA (Multiple Page Application), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control)
- Agile development techniques and Scrum development processes
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create schema, data models, PL/SQL scripts/packages to implement new application features
- Participate as a highly technical specialist in DB concepts and help design development, coding, planning, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Own all aspects of feature implementation; from design and development, to deployment and production, to support and maintenance.
- Review current database and provide recommendations on how to improve existing design
- Assist junior engineers to tackle db related technical problems and mentor them in writing high quality code
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Provide production support when required
Skills & Abilities:
- University degree in relevant subject area (computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience working globally with engineering and operations teams
- Have extensive experience in Oracle SQL knowledge, database modeling and database tuning
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a significant plus
- Experience in integration of Oracle or other Relational database and/or NoSQL db into Micro Services and RESTful applications
- Experience in AWS environment
- Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
- Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
- Prior experience with device deployment/provisioning, PKI systems, and the Payment industry a significant plus
- Excellent communication skills regarding technical topics
- May require some travel domestically and internationally
- Programming and Ops Skills:
- SQL/PLSQL, Oracle, NoSQL DBs, integration with REST APIs, Linux
Experience working with Amazon Cloud Services (RDS, CodeCommit, S3, EC2)
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team