Product Manager - Portfolio Strategist
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
We are looking for a fellow Product Strategist who will focus their time and energy on planning where to take the Verifone eCommerce product tomorrow, researching the company’s performance and the competitive landscape to find unserved needs and market opportunities and thinking about all aspects of the company’s products: pricing, marketing, developing strategic partnerships with other businesses, etc.
What you'll do
- Use technical expertise and extensive industry experience to build product vision, formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities to reach it
- Evaluate business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technology, customer business issues and the competitive environment.
- Apply knowledge of company product capabilities and service offerings with in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives.
- Work closely with product development to create products and validates early product definitions with customers
- Lead the company’s main product adoption program, aiming on both new acquisition as well as on shifting the customer base to a new product suite
- Drive go-to-market activities for owned regions and user adoption programs, including field training (training material development, sales collateral development)
- Assist sales in product presentations, capturing customers’ needs, assessing products that meet those needs and communicating long term product vision and investments
- Collect data and insights that support and drive effective business prioritization and decision-making
- Identify new product opportunities and potential partnerships to expand product portfolio
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a product and/ or project management in an applicable development activity
- 3+ years of experience in software development (tech industry) (SaaS)/web development/ e-commerce industry, subscription billing/payments
- Experience with requirements elicitation, documentation and management ideally focused on online products, eCommerce SaaS and payments related projects
- Proven track record of defining and driving to launch successful products
- Solid proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint for client-ready reports and presentations
- Advanced English knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn new business domains and technical applications
- Strong analytical thinking and conceptualization ability
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Flexibility to work with different time-zones (Europe and APAC)
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team