Software Development Engineer (Android)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Development of Android software development
What you'll do
Development of Android software development in Java and Kotlin
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably in SW Engineering or Computer Science.
- 6+ years of experience in software development.
- Android software development in languages including Java and Kotlin.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in React Native
- Good working knowledge of Gradle build scripts.
- Exposure to Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of version controls systems (Git).
- Exposure with Atlassian development tools, including Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with continuous integration systems – e.g. Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Payment solutions or other related experience, e.g., security, is desirable.
- Experience in payment solutions is desirable
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team