Application Support Analyst
For more than 30+ years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive fierceness is fed by our passion for excellence in our products and services, and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It’s this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
With more than 100 offices around the world, Verifone offers a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture rich with advancement and career development opportunities.
Job Title: Applications Engineer, Global Payment Applications
Verifone are seeking an Applications Engineer to work as part of its ‘Cloud Services’ team to support and maintain the various databases and applications within its payment environment.
The primary focus for this role will be to support Verifone’s Global Payment Applications which are hosted primarily on RedHat Linux and MySQL DB. These environments, hosted primarily in private cloud, are designed to process millions of request each day. To achieve this the company offers 24/7 services with strict service availability and service level agreements. Dependent on business requirements, the scope of this role may change.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, predominantly 09:00 to 18:00. Depending on business requirements, there may be a need to support three staggered shifts covering period 06:00-21:00 (local time). During initial period, training with UK-based resources may be required OOH. Ad-hoc support may be required outside of these hours dependent on business requirements.
The successful applicant will be working in a fast-moving managed service environment so must be flexible and be able to multi-task between resolving support issues and working on projects to meet the company’s long-term goals. The Verifone Cloud Services Team spans across multiple locations, some international travel may be required and therefore the candidate must possess a valid passport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support key DevOps concepts including CI/CD – deployment automation and zero downtime implementation
- Work alongside Cloud-Ops, Development and Infrastructure Teams to support scripting the automation for building and deploying applications
- Recommend improvements and optimizations to improve the overall reliability, performance and cost of the VCS platform.
- Implement continual improvement of gateway application, database and service architecture and monitoring
- Complete acceptance testing of new releases and patches, providing technical feedback to Development and QA Teams
- Manage deployment of system changes and maintenance tasks during specified maintenance windows
- Complete BAU tasks, escalating where exceptions occur
- Develop and implement new BAU tasks and manage change within BAU task procedures.
- Review documentation and change control for technical accuracy
- Prepare technical documentation and SLA reporting.
- Provide input into the development and application of policies and procedures
- Fulfil business request and Customer boarding requirements
- Liaise with internal Cloud Services Teams – 24/7 ITOC, Networking, Infrastructure and Database-Infrastructure and external Verifone Teams - Development, QA and Security & Compliance teams
- Perform Capacity planning
- Perform OS patching
- Creation of internal and Customer/Business MI (Management Information)
- Respond to Customer RFPs.
- Perform in a role as a subject matter expert and as part of a project delivery team if/when assigned.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Participate in product evaluation initiatives including feature analysis and system trade-offs
- Provide support and input for PCI audits and security compliance
- Works to deliver enterprise quality, on time
- Ability to participate in design and architect of technical solutions
- Seeks out opportunities to improve own and team performance
- Recommends potential improvements in infrastructure, automation, processes or services and is prepared to manage change
- Demonstrates initiative when resolving incidents or problems
- Monitors and follows up outstanding issues
- Ability to work in cross cultural environment.
- Ability to manage risks
- Fast learning curve
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Should possess excellent communication skills to interact with various stakeholders of the project
- Effectively apply critical thinking and technical expertise to guide the team
- Good team player
- Process compliance
Knowledge & Experience – Mandatory
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supporting applications in production environments running on Linux
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supporting databases in production environments (MySQL preferred)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong confidence utilising Linux/Unix, using CLI, scripting
- Strong confidence utilising databases, querying and troubleshooting incidents, working alongside infrastructure DBAs as required
- Experience of working in a hosted service environment running mission critical non-stop applications
- Experience and confidence supporting production applications in private and public cloud environments
- Experience in Release Management, planning and deployment
- Experience following change management and incident management processes
- Experience of using ITSM toolsets (supporting change, incident and problem management functions)
- Knowledge of Enterprise monitoring systems
- Experience supporting major change projects and initiatives
- Awareness of release and deployment best practices and SDLC
- Awareness of security best practices
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management and ability to work both independently and with others
- Solid knowledge of current internal and external IT industry standards, practices and methodologies,
- An understanding of network topology, load-balancers, firewalls
- An understanding of PKI infrastructure, certificates and their management
- ITIL Foundation certification
Knowledge/Experience – Desirable
- Red-Hat Linux or equivalent certifications
- Good working knowledge of Puppet, Ansible, Git /Bitbucket
- Knowledge of automation and Dev-Ops fundamentals
- Exposure to payment solutions and gateway architecture/applications highly desirable
- Knowledge of Sonar, Java, Python, Mapd, MySQL, XML, web services, SOAP UI, Selenium, AWS, SNOW.
- Knowledge of centralised logging solutions (ELK, AppDynamics)
- Knowledge of card payments industry
- Knowledge of PCI compliance and PCI audits
- Exposure to other database technologies and operating systems beneficial
- Positive attitude, dogmatic with attention to detail
- Ability to work individually as well as to work with others in the team
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join our worldwide team