Application Support Analyst
For more than 30+ years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive fierceness is fed by our passion for excellence in our products and services, and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It’s this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
With more than 100 offices around the world, Verifone offers a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture rich with advancement and career development opportunities.
Job Title: Senior Applications Engineer – Regional Team Lead
Verifone are seeking a Senior Applications Engineer & Regional Team Leader to work as part of its ‘Cloud Services’ team to support and maintain the various databases and applications within its payment environment. Additionally, the successful will candidate will be expected to provide leadership and guidance to other engineers working on the platforms, while reporting into and working alongside the Global Team Lead.
The primary focus for this role will be to support Verifone’s Global APM and PIM platforms which are hosted primarily on RedHat Linux and MySQL DB. These environments, hosted primarily in private cloud, are designed to process millions of request each day. To achieve this the company offers 24/7 services with strict service availability and service level agreements. The secondary requirement will be to lead the other engineers and work alongside other team leaders, defining standards, controls and processes. Dependent on business requirements, the scope of this role may change.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00. During initial period, training with UK-based resources may be required OOH. Ad-hoc support may be required outside of these hours dependent on business requirements.
The successful applicant will be working in a fast-moving managed service environment so must be flexible and be able to multi-task between resolving support issues and working on projects to meet the company’s long-term goals. The Verifone Cloud Services Team spans across multiple locations, some international travel may be required and therefore the candidate must possess a valid passport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of engineers providing input and guidance as needed to deliver a stable, performant, resilient platform.
- Provide a local point of escalation for engineers.
- Work alongside the global team lead to define priorities and meet committed delivery and project dates.
- Support key DevOps concepts including CI/CD – deployment automation and zero downtime implementation
- Work alongside Cloud-Ops, Development and Infrastructure Teams to support scripting the automation for building and deploying applications
- Recommend improvements and optimizations to improve the overall reliability, performance and cost of the VCS platform.
- Implement continual improvement of gateway application, database and service architecture and monitoring
- Complete acceptance testing of new releases and patches, providing technical feedback to Development and QA Teams
- Manage deployment of system changes and maintenance tasks during specified maintenance windows
- Complete BAU tasks, escalating where exceptions occur
- Develop and implement new BAU tasks and manage change within BAU task procedures.
- Review documentation and change control for technical accuracy
- Prepare technical documentation and SLA reporting.
- Provide input into the development and application of policies and procedures
- Fulfil business request and Customer boarding requirements
- Liaise with internal Cloud Services Teams – 24/7 ITOC, Networking, Infrastructure and Database-Infrastructure and external Verifone Teams - Development, QA and Security & Compliance teams
- Perform Capacity planning
- Perform OS patching
- Creation of internal and Customer/Business MI (Management Information)
- Respond to Customer RFPs.
- Perform in a role as a subject matter expert and as part of a project delivery team if/when assigned.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Participate in product evaluation initiatives including feature analysis and system trade-offs
- Provide support and input for PCI audits and security compliance
Join our worldwide team