Application Support Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of engineers providing input and guidance as needed to deliver a stable, performant, resilient platform.
- Provide a local point of escalation for engineers.
- Work alongside the global team lead to define priorities and meet committed delivery and project dates.
- Support key DevOps concepts including CI/CD – deployment automation and zero downtime implementation
- Work alongside Cloud-Ops, Development and Infrastructure Teams to support scripting the automation for building and deploying applications
- Recommend improvements and optimizations to improve the overall reliability, performance and cost of the VCS platform.
- Implement continual improvement of gateway application, database and service architecture and monitoring
- Complete acceptance testing of new releases and patches, providing technical feedback to Development and QA Teams
- Manage deployment of system changes and maintenance tasks during specified maintenance windows
- Complete BAU tasks, escalating where exceptions occur
- Develop and implement new BAU tasks and manage change within BAU task procedures.
- Review documentation and change control for technical accuracy
- Prepare technical documentation and SLA reporting.
- Provide input into the development and application of policies and procedures
- Fulfil business request and Customer boarding requirements
- Liaise with internal Cloud Services Teams – 24/7 ITOC, Networking, Infrastructure and Database-Infrastructure and external Verifone Teams - Development, QA and Security & Compliance teams
- Perform Capacity planning
- Perform OS patching
- Creation of internal and Customer/Business MI (Management Information)
- Respond to Customer RFPs.
- Perform in a role as a subject matter expert and as part of a project delivery team if/when assigned.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Participate in product evaluation initiatives including feature analysis and system trade-offs
- Provide support and input for PCI audits and security compliance
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team