Major Incident Manager, IT Operations Center
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness.
Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
The position is for an experienced Incident / Problem / Change Manager. The individual will be responsible for managing major technology incidents/changes, recurring incident/problem/ change management activities and for enforcing and executing defined ITIL policies and processes. This position works with different technical groups demanding active involvement in change, incident, and problem management. Not only to adhere to Global ITIL standard procedures across the globe, but also to ensure regional requirements are adhered to where applicable.
What you'll do
- Provide technical and service leadership on driving service restoral and hold authority over making decisions on corrective actions
- Lead incident management, by collaborating with other teams in Verifone VCS, determining business impact, assessing risk and driving of incidents towards resolution
- Assist in writing, reviewing, and enhancing incident Root Cause Analysis documentation, help resolve deviations from policy and communicating progress through regularly released reports relating to incident and problem management
- Lead problem management by collecting root cause / causal factor data; drafting post mortems and driving broader operational risk analysis based on repeating incidents; running regular incident reviews to ensure all functions within Technology understand the incidents, postmortem and risk factors for each incident
- Work with line managers of all functions within Verifone VCS to ensure the necessary risk management standards are defined and implemented. Ensure the standards and processes are globally consistent and reflect Americas, EMEA, and ASPAC requirements.
- Manage incident controls and track incidents in the Verifone VCS Production environment
- Work with the Incident and Problem Management Function including running major incident review meetings. Ensure incident and problem management actions are carried through with other incident management groups. Lead root cause analysis efforts as needed and lead efforts in providing consistent incident and problem management standards.
- Oversee regional change management functions across technology, building a regional center of excellence that will be replicated globally to provide a centralized risk management capability for technology
- Focus on managing/ coordinating recurring change management activities for the VCS Regional Change Advisory Boards including managing change risk, identifying change conflicts, change-related incident trends, executing defined change policies and initiatives, rolling out appropriate technologies involved with incident management efforts.
- Enforce and build the scope of Change Management Policy to extend across all technology functions and initiatives
- Provide leadership in defining standards, ensuring progress on key efforts, managing expectations on change policy status with all relevant parties and assist in transitioning change mgt process to service areas, outsourced teams and vendors
- Gauge effectiveness of the change process and assist in continuous change improvement work
- Work with the Line Managers of all functions within Verifone VCS to ensure the necessary change, problem, and incident standards are defined and implemented. Ensure the ITIL standards / processes are globally consistent & reflect local requirements.
- Manage Regional Managers satisfaction levels, discuss changes and propose changes/enhancements to the service. This forum should be part of the feedback loop that allows service levels to be improved over a period of time.
- Be responsible for defining and applying metrics/KPI standards and processes in the change, space, assuring implementation of relevant measurement results in an effective and timely manner
- Be responsible for applying risk framework and standards for the Change Management Process and ensure a process for maintaining operational stability is maintained
- Promote the importance of a structured Change Management process and conduct process training as needed.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of Incident Management experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification is preferred
- In depth understanding of enterprise applications and IT Infrastructure & Operations
- Experience in various technologies, with specific focus and background in infrastructure technologies such as Networking, Storage, Database, and Linux/Windows
- Knowledge in Payment Gateways or a Financial background is a plus
- Strong understanding and awareness of risk management, infrastructure stack and application stack
- Experience in executing technology solutions for change management
- Proven expertise in responding to and managing critical technology incidents including – incident and risk assessment, communication, coordination across global / regional, cross-function groups, incident resolution and business prioritization
- Experience with IT service management tool ServiceNow
- Six Sigma experience preferred but not a must
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team