Senior Database Administrator
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Database administrator who will be responsible for maintaining the database cluster which include the database performance, High Availability, Disaster recovery and data Security of databases and its clusters. Also, responsible for backups, monitoring, upgrades, user managements, and maintenance of databases across all environments. He / She should work closely within the team along with the application support and engineering.
What you'll do
- Installation, configuration, and parameters tuning for PostgreSQL/EDB-AS in Physical, virtual, AWS EC2/RDS environments
- Environment building and deploying PostgreSQL/EDB-AS clusters in different environments
- Maintaining uniform strategies for backup and retention methods across all environments
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of work experience on PostgreSQL/EDB-AS
- Strong experience on daily Database administrative activities and BAU tasks to make DB up and running
- Strong experience on Linux/Unix environments to handle database and patching related activities
- Experience on Configuration of various replication methods (logical, streaming, MMR) and High Availability in 2 or more node cluster environment
- Experience on any open-source/enterprise tools for auto-failover and failback concepts. Prefer experience on Tools like EFM, BART, Repmgr etc
- Good knowledge on Capacity planning and database architecture design to understand and to build environment based on application requirements
- Experience in implementing and maintain Database security (database level, user level and role level security)
- Experience on design and implementing various backup and recovery strategies (Ex: DB level, Cluster level and PITR) for multiple databases as per requirement
- Should be able to analyze and identify performance issues and able to provide solutions
- Experience on database monitoring, cluster monitoring and alert configuration (Alert levels, thresholds, notifications, and validations)
- Experience in using of tools like PEM, CloudWatch Zabbix, SNOW etc
- Experience/Good knowledge on AWS RDS, EC2 and S3. Should be able to perform database activities in RDS and EC2 with remote access
- Knowledge on Connection pooling and Load balancing related tools
- Experience in working with application teams closely and coordinating with them for patching, releases, and deployments
- Experience on PostgreSQL/EDB-AS version upgrades (Minor/Major versions)
- Prefer experience/knowledge on scripting and automation process of daily activities
- Understanding and maintaining environments as per PCI compliances. Working on improvements if required.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team