Shift Lead, IT Operations Center
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness.
Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
The ITOC Shift Leader responsibilities include leading a team of Analysts in the organization, and operation of the ITOC Global Command center in Manila, Philippines. This Shift Leader will lead the ITOC Support Analysts and IT Operations Technical Specialists, and manage activities associated with providing the 24/7/365 support and technical services required to maintain Verifone’s global payment gateways by identifying, prioritizing and managing events and incidents including incident status communication to internal stakeholders.
Hours of Work: As part of a 24/7/365 operation, this is an in Office based shift role. Shift patterns are based on 8-hour shifts alternating between early, mid and night shifts
What you’ll do
- Ensure the operation is in accordance with the established procedures and practices, that OLA’s are achieved and that the service is fully operational 24/7/365
- Implement policy and process changes and ensure procedures are continuously improved
- Ensure events and incidents are correctly assessed and that appropriate escalation is done
- Monitor team performance through objective assessment, performance feedback and coaching
- Recommend strategies and/or enhancements to increase employee productivity
- Initial Incident management responsibility until handover to local Incident Manager is done
- Effectively communicate incident status to business and senior stakeholders
- Support Global IT Services in the delivery and configuration of monitoring standards
- Ensure effective handover between shifts
- Prioritize and manage Service request backlogs
- Support compliance with corporate direction and team objectives.
- Ensure staffing levels and shift patterns are achieved to maintain effective service
- Manage activity coordination within the team ensuring quality, process compliance and results
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT or any related field
- 4 to 6 years of IT Service Operations experience in an MNC Operations Support Center, with two or more years of team leader experience Ex communication skills / interaction skills with stakeholder community
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Application Performance monitoring tools
- Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- Experience working with ITSM tools, preferably ServiceNow
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science
- Good and clear written English language and documentation skills
- Knowledge of configuration management / controls / compliance
- Flexible to work in shifts to cover 24/7/365 operations.
- Ability to work under high pressure and flexibility to meet business demands as they arise
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team