Sr. Database Administrator - MongoDB
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
Primary need, technical challenges you will be responsible for
Greenbox is one of the key projects in Verifone, which dealt with multiple cutting-edge technologies and most trusted omnichannel solution for various payment applications within the organization. MongoDB is one of the Database technologies used as a central repository for storing the critical payment transactions. The environment is spread across multiple geographic location with an active – active mongoDB sharded cluster.
We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is dedicated about innovation on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a senior DBA, you’ll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our database performance, business logics implemented in the database, and solve some of the most complex challenges in cloud and on prem environments.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that database management policies, processes and procedures are followed, adhering to ITIL good practice principles and are subjected to continuous improvement as per PCI standards. He will be responsible for reviewing system design changes to ensure they adhere to expected service standards and recommend changes to ensure maximum stability, availability and efficiency of the supported applications.
The candidate should understand the application functionality, business logics and work with application stake holders to understand the requirement and discuss with the new application features and propose the right solutions. He must liaise closely and work in collaboration with the release management teams, Support teams and the infrastructure DBAs.
- Install, deploy and manage MongoDB on physical and virtual machines
- Create, configure and monitor large-scale, secure, MongoDB sharded clusters
- Support MongoDB in a high availability, multi-data center environment
- Administer MongoDB Ops Manager monitoring, backups and automation
- Configure and monitor numerous MongoDB instances and replica sets
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
- Improve database backups and test recoverability regularly
- Study the database needs of our applications and optimize them using MongoDB
- Maintain database performance and capacity planning
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
- All database administration tasks like backup, restore, SQL optimizations, provisioning infrastructure, setting up graphing, monitoring and alerting tools, replication
- Performance tuning for high throughput
- Architecting high availability servers
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum 4 years of experience in large scale MongoDB technologies, Work experience in MogoDB enterprise, community and cloud-based environments
- Install, Deploy and Manage MongoDB on Physical, Virtual, AWS EC2 instances
- Should have experience on MongoDB Active – Active sharded cluster setup with high availability
- Should have experience on administrating MongoDB on Linux platform
- Experience on MongoDB version upgrade, preferably from version 4.0 to 4.4, on production environment with a zero or very minimum application down time, either with ops manager or custom script
- Experience on building the database monitoring using tools like, AppD, ELK, Grafana etc.
- Experience in Database performance tuning which include both script tuning and hardware configuration and capacity planning.
- Good Understanding and experience with Mongodb sharding and Disaster Recovery plan
- Design and implement the backup strategy and BCP process across the MongoDB environments. Maintain the uniform backup strategy across the platform
- Define the database monitoring, monitoring thresholds, alerts, validate the notifications and maintain the documents for the future references
- Database performance tuning based on the application requirement and maintain the stable environment. Analyse the existing mongodb queries behalf of the performance improvement program
- Work with engineering team to understand the database requirement and guide them the best practice and optimize the queries to get the better performance
- Work with application stake holders to understand the production requirement and propose the effective database solutions
- Review and understand the ongoing business reports and create new adhoc reports based on the requirement
- Adhere to the incident and change process, prepare the document and perform the peer review for all the planned production tasks
- Develop and maintain the database release process, support release team to automate the database release process
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team