Sr SQL DB Administrator
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Support and assume the role of SQL Database Administrator.
What you'll do
Support and administer Windows and SQL patching, servicing information requests from other teams, audit preparation and compliance remediation / checking.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
The candidate will also be expected to join a 24/7 on-call on a shift rotation that rotates weekly.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server for 10 years or more
- Solid knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery with both SQL Clustering and Always-On/Distributed Always On Groups. Also, each technology supported configuration and best practises
- Multi-site SQL configurations
- Log Shipping
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows and SQL Patching schedules / best practises / Test to Live cycles
- Advanced Administration of SQL 2008/2012/2016/17/19 (Indexes/Fragmentation, Backups, Statistics, Integrity Checks etc…)
- In depth knowledge of transactions and isolation levels
- Experience in supporting time critical applications
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft SQL Database engine and how it works internally
- In depth backup and restore techniques for databases and service restoration
- T-SQL Query tuning and optimization
- Scripting in T-SQL
- Microsoft SQL performance and optimization
- Advanced troubleshooting / diagnostic / resolution skills
The following will be optional and beneficial to the role:
- Understanding of DEVOPS
- SQL Development Experience / Understanding of T-SQL
- PowerShell experience
- Merge / Snapshot / Transactional Replication experience
- SQL on Linux
- SQL in AWS (EC2 and RDS)
- Experience working with VPN’s and working in network segregated environments
- Experience with the Idera suite of monitoring tools
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team