Software Development Manager
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Interested in joining the team?
The Software Development Manager will be working for a global organisation within the Merchant Onboarding Services team that delivers micro-services to orchestrate the Merchant Boarding into our payment systems worldwide. We are looking for people with positive attitude, committed to excellence, solution and result oriented teammates who will join our team of passionate professionals.
What you'll do:
- You will run and lead software development teams mainly remotely to start in Bangalore.
- You will manage the remote team through a remote development manager.
- You will handle HR and Local processes for the team.
- You will Work with the team to communicate to the management problems, issues, and other career related items.
- You will take part in Agile processes.
- You will build the organisation to suit the delivery bandwidth requirements of the global organisational goals.
- You will develop and enforce the processes to ensure a cohesive delivery pattern
- You will work with the delivery project management and development scrum teams to ensure business goals are met.
- You will participate in meetings & reviews with customers and team members.
- You will work with Product Management to support the product backlog organisation
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related fields.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Software Architect Design processes (UML, Use case modelling etc.)
- Prior Agile experience
- Very good exposure to XML, XSD, HTML, JSP, Java Script and Web Services
- Should have experience working with a remote team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requirement
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Agile Certification (Scrum Product Owner or other certification)
- Familiarity with multi-tasking and state machines is a bonus
- Strong social and multitasking capabilities
- You have a deeply high level of energy, drive, and creativity to take on complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, customer centric and sales focused ambitious environment
- Flexible during times of change.
- Scripting languages such as python programming experience is a plus
Why you’ll love working with us:
- International work environment in an exciting growth phase
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible business hours and work from home
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks like meal tickets, public transportation refund, various gym subscriptions with 50% discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from)
- Bookster subscription
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team