System Integration Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The System Integration Engineer is responsible for delivering Verifone hardware and software solutions to clients and working with integrators to integrate their solution with Verifone solutions. The Systems Integration Engineer manages integration projects by creating client specific software configurations for lab and production environments, providing technical guidance and best practices to integrators, and providing advanced technical support throughout the lifecycle of the project. The Systems Integration Engineer also assists with troubleshooting production escalations and works with development teams to resolve software defects and communicate requirements for enhancements. The hardware products supported include the Engage, Mx900 series, the Vx series, the Ux series, and the e300 series. Software support will include VeriCentre, VHQ, VSP, as well as other forms of E2EE methodologies . The optimal candidate will have EMV knowledge, experience implementing EMV projects, and knowledge of Petroleum systems and services.
This is a lead Principle Design Engineer position requiring the ideal candidate to have prior experience in leading small teams of engineers.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, or 5+ years experience in a technology related field
• 2-3 years experience with EMV desired
• 2-3 years experience with integration support
• Basic experience with Python, JSON, or other scripting languages
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
• Requires a self-starter who has the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and effectively balance several projects at once
• Must possess strong organization and customer service skills
• Experience using Jira for issue tracking and defect management
• Fluent in English
• Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software
• Ability to pick up new and advancing VeriFone technologies as they emerge
• Provide technical integration support
• Analyze customer requirements to determine the optimum solution.
• Provide technical product support and field response to customer issues.
• Manage deployment and repair loads for customers
• Provide timely responses and regular updates on customer inquiries via online support portal
• Proactively keep management informed of critical customer issues/concerns
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team