Software Development Engineer - Android and C/C++
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Be part of the elite team of product support engineers responsible for level 3 and level 4 triage and Roof production support issues.
- Work closely with the Operational Support team including being ready and available for on call support.
- Identify resolution/work around to stabilize the issue while development engineering addresses the fix in next release.
- Work with management and software leads organizations across the development of robust software design, governance and process.
- Design, develop, test, build and deploy new software or improvements to existing software.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written & verbal) in customer-facing, team, and executive management settings.
- Provide inputs to the development team to prevent issues from happening in the future and building operational controls to product quality.
- Utilize Agile Software Methodology to track progress of issues.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of impactful experience with Android software development in Java and/or Kotlin.
- Be proficient in C/C++ including hands on development and debugging. Must be able to read code written in C/C++.
- Good understanding of Android NDK integration.
- Good understanding of Web Services, HTTP, SSL/TLS, SOAP, and XML.
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- Demonstrate effective, and constructive communication, collaboration, and delivery skills.
- Work on a team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
- Solid understanding of agile software development, design, and programming languages.
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Solid understanding and experience with Project Tracking Software such as Atlassian's Jira and Team Workspace Tools such as Atlassian's Confluence.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team