Technical Project Manager
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Are you a talented technical Program/Project management professional that is looking for a fun and exciting new opportunity? If so, we have the role for you. We are searching for an experienced technical project manager in Milan.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for hands on program / project management, providing deep technical expertise, and project management leadership in a complex, dynamic environment. The technical PM will collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers and drive project schedules from design to release. You will also be responsible for guiding engineering teams spread across geographical areas to develop certain functionalities when required. You will also be accountable to drive the global managed service data centre teams for implementation of the projects. You will demonstrate the ability to work with multi-functional, multi-project teams to ensure solutions are delivered on time and on budget in accordance with the defined scope, timeline and resources. You will need to manage the time and budget along with interdependencies of the project to deliver the whole program.
What you'll do
- Lead and manage multiple software development projects and navigate from design through development into QA and drive deployment to production
- Ability to track RAID (Risks, Issues, Actions and Decisions) in the solution with the steering committee of the program.
- Assist Engineering and Technology with overall project management of code development, unit testing, production implementation and post production support of designated/identified projects.
- Follow the prescribed Project Lifecycle Methodology
- Partner with Product / Project Owner(s) to shepherd projects thru the software development process from request management thru post-deployment support
- Act as gate keeper to ensure that all landmark work meet with defined standards. Work you're doing includes requirement definitions, functional specification, architecture design, technical specifications, development, release notes, installation guides, solution summary, and other documentation.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to bridge the communications gap between business and technical teams
- Coordinate, lead and/or participate in technology engineering efforts and meetings to settle optimal approach, design, risk mitigation, defect resolution, etc.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- You possess at least 10+ years’ experience running application development projects
- You have an expert-level understanding of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle in Agile environment
- Hands-on experience with development management, build management and defect management tools
- You have excellent social, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate / report efforts between technical and business teams via meetings, status reports, resource management
- You are detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to run multiple, concurrent initiatives
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment is crucial.
- Committed, positive self-starter who pays attention to detail and possesses the ability to work independently
- You have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Equivalent
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team