For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Support key DevOps concepts including CI/CD – deployment automation and zero downtime implementation
- Work alongside Cloud-Ops, Development and Infrastructure Teams to support scripting the automation for building and deploying applications
- Recommend improvements and optimizations to improve the overall reliability, performance and cost of the VCS platform.
- Implement continual improvement of gateway application, database and service architecture and monitoring
- Complete acceptance testing of new releases and patches, providing technical feedback to Development and QA Teams
- Manage deployment of system changes and maintenance tasks during specified maintenance windows
- Provide 24/7/365 on-call support by responding to escalations, alerts, incidents, and problems that affect the environment and payment systems the team is responsible for
- Develop and implement new BAU tasks and manage change within BAU task procedures
- Maintain technical documentation
- Fulfil business request and Customer boarding requirements
- Liaise with internal Cloud Services Teams – 24/7 ITOC, Networking, Infrastructure and Database-Infrastructure and external Verifone Teams - Development, QA and Security & Compliance teams
- Perform OS patching
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Participate in product evaluation initiatives including feature analysis and system trade-offs
- Provide support and input for PCI audits and security compliance
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supporting applications in production environments running on Linux.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supporting applications in production environments running MySQL and Mongo databases.
- Good working knowledge of Puppet, Ansible, Git /Bitbucket
- Strong confidence utilizing Linux/Unix, using CLI, scripting
- Strong confidence utilizing databases, querying, and troubleshooting incidents, working alongside Infrastructure DBAs as required
- Knowledge of automation and Dev-Ops fundamentals
- Experience of working in a hosted service environment running mission critical non-stop applications
- Experience and confidence supporting production applications in private and public cloud environments
- Experience in Release Management, planning and deployment
- Experience following change management and incident management processes
- Experience of using ITSM toolsets (supporting change, incident, and problem management functions)
- Knowledge of Enterprise monitoring systems
- Experience supporting major change projects and initiatives
- Awareness of release and deployment best practices and SDLC
- Awareness of security best practices
- An understanding of network topology, load-balancers, firewalls
- An understanding of PKI infrastructure, certificates, and their management
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive attitude, dogmatic with attention to detail
- Strong time management and ability to work both independently and with others
Nice to have:
- Red-Hat Linux or equivalent certifications
- Exposure to eCommerce solutions and payment gateway architecture/applications
- Knowledge of Sonar, Java, Python, Mapd, MongoDB, XML, web services, SOAP UI, Selenium, AWS, SNOW.
- Knowledge of centralized logging solutions (Splunk, ELK)
- Knowledge of REDIS, Graph DB
- Knowledge of card payments industry
- Knowledge of PCI compliance and PCI audits
- Exposure to other database technologies and operating systems
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team