Tax Manager EMEA
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. We are connecting more than 25 million payment devices to the cloud - merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers. We are built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security.
Our people are known as trusted experts that work with our clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers, helping to tackle their most complex payments challenges.
We have established a in region system integration development teams to help facilitate the integration of our software with our customers. We are looking for people with positive attitude, committed to excellence, solution and result oriented teammates who will join our team of passionate professionals.
We are growing our talented team in Romania with a Tax Manager for the EMEA region.
What you`ll do:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for related tax policies and processes;
- Review corporate income tax and VAT returns of group affiliates based in various jurisdictions across EMEA region;
- Assist with the submission of VAT returns in different countries outside of the US;
- Advise on Romanian tax matters (Corporate income tax, Personal income tax, VAT, etc.);
- Support global tax reporting (e.g. Country-by-Country Reporting, Global Transfer Pricing Master File, DAC6);
- Leading and managing the withholding taxes declarations on royalties and financial income/expenses;
- Managing and maintaining the relationships with different Authorities inside and outside Romania and with fiscal consultants in order to ensure the compliance with the fiscal legislation and identify/solve any possible tax compliance issues in time;
- Support ad-hoc tax projects related to M&A activities, restructuring, intra-group financing, repatriation, etc;
- Handle inquiries from tax authorities, manage tax audits;
- Ensure compliance by maintaining and improving tax processes;
- Track and follow up on legislative changes;
- Cooperate with the management team for internal and external audits, review of group procedures and specific contractual arrangements.
What you need to have:
- Degree in Law or Economics;
- Very strong knowledge of the Romanian and European tax system;
- Relevant experience in the tax practice gained preferably in a big four company, reputable law firm or in-house tax analyst of a multinational company;
- Knowledge of accounting mechanisms, ability to bridge accounting and tax;
- Fluent in English;
- Professional and pro-active approach to deliver high-quality tax advisory services;
- Committed to delivering excellent performance, attention to detail;
- Problem solving skills, initiative and business awareness;
- Very good organization and prioritization skills.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team