Embedded Security Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Our devices and point-of-sale (POS) system process every kind of payment type and comply with the latest point-of-sale global security standards. We are looking for Embedded Security Engineer
What you'll do
- New feature introduction, including latest payment schemes and cryptographic standards
- Improvement of sensitive data protection with cryptographic, hardware, software policy measures
- Code base sustaining and improvement
- Issue investigation
- Latest vulnerability fixing in our and open-source software components
- Device penetration testing
- Remote automated testing on real hardware
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Experience in C development: understanding how code is compiled and executed by the processor, how data is stored and processed
- Knowledge of Linux systems
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience with debugging techniques and tools at both userspace and kernelspace
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
Nice to have:
- Experience in software security is considered an advantage: Data encryption, authentication; Access control, authorization
- Experience in proactive vulnerability investigation and software fuzzing is considered an advantage
- Experience in embedded C is considered an advantage
- Linux kernel and driver development experience are considered an advantage
- Experience with ARM TrustZone is considered an advantage
- PCI-PTS or other security standard knowledge is considered an advantage
- C++ knowledge is considered an advantage
What's on Offer?
- We offer a very competitive compensation package and other benefits
- Medical and life insurance package after probation period (3 months)
- Friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in international projects
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team