For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Evaluates business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technology, customer business issues and the competitive environment.
Applies broad knowledge of company product capabilities and service offerings with in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives.
Works closely with product development to create products and validates early product definitions with customers.
Uses technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities
Responsible for delivering global products designed to address regional customer needs and to expand Verifone’s local market share and portfolio of services and solutions.
What you'll do
- Represent regional customer requirements into the global product roadmap.
- Communicate the product roadmap with stakeholders ensuring they are across product planning and the scheduling process.
- Collaborate with our agile engineering team to articulate external and internal customer needs to help steer product development.
- Gain insights from your users by analyzing data to develop a solid understanding of your target audience to improve products moving forward.
- Ensure the successful delivery of any new products through planning and collaboration with local and global stakeholders.
- Perform user acceptance of new product introductions.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Extensive 5 years’ experience in Product & Solutions Management in the Payments / Online Payments field, coupled w at least 5 years people leadership experience and a successful track record in defining roadmap along with validated product deliveries.
- Knowledge in payment gateways and alternative payment schemes like Alipay / WeChat pay etc. is highly desirable
- Knowledge in card payments
- Knowledge in consumer electronics or related is highly desirable.
- In-depth understanding of hardware and software technology is required.
- Thorough knowledge of long-range and operational planning techniques.
- You have a global mindset and ability in remote team management.
- Strong customer orientation, able to bring customer and industry specific insights to the role, including anticipating issues and local marketing conditions and competitor strategies.
- Portfolio of implementing / commercializing technologies, bringing Product & Solutions roadmap to life.
- Preferably working experience in Merchant Acquiring and servicing industry with strong knowledge of Payments and Fintech industry products and solutions
- Understanding of APAC market’s regulatory requirements, scheme and interchange mandates, Banks’ and Acquirers preferences and operational practices
- Functional knowledge in payment acceptance (in-store, online and mobile) products and solutions, such as, terminal applications, terminal management solutions, networking, payment gateway, switching etc.
- Confirmed ability to lead by influence and persuasion in a multidisciplinary matrix type team environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently operate in a fast paced, changing environment and the ability to effectively communicate with senior management locally, regionally and globally, as well as peers and individual contributors.
- Out of the box thinking, assertive, resilient, accountable, independent character, can read between the lines, sound judgment, an initiator, decision maker.
- Strong partnering skills and able to work across business units and stakeholder groups constructively to lead and / or support achievement of business outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize; be decisive and provide consultative input as appropriate.
- Highly skilled in managing and continuously improving processes under dynamic and changing conditions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology or related fields
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team