For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets. In late 2018, Verifone acquired Dimebox, to challenge the payments industry with innovative technology that merchants and financial institutions could use to process online payments in a way that was fit for the modern age. In 2020 Verifone acquired 2CO with niche products in the ePayments ecosystem.
eCommerce within Verifone is growing and on it’s way to become a solid competitor offering various solutions to the market next to the current big players. Together with all our Verifone colleagues cross the globe, we are building a brand-new payments platform offering Omni channel solution to our customers. With this role, you will be part of engineering team based in Bucharest, and play a key role in building ecommerce solutions for our merchants
- Manage the release schedule, work closely with global deployment teams, scrum teams.
- Manage E2E complexities of Releases
- Manage the testing processes to ensure newly developed features meet quality standards and Business requirements and ensure quality checkpoint during release process
- Manage versions of different applications on different environment in a Microservices setup.
- Manage risks that may affect release scope
- Liaise with Product and QA over release of features (e.g.enabling/disabling features etc based on outcome of ETE)
- Closely work with operations and development teams (scrum) team over resolving post implementation issues
- Work closely with scrum teams, QA and operations over continuous improvement of release process.
- Communicate and promote the process, initiate process improvement
- Provide a structure for fixed releases, increase predictability, productivity, flexibility and ensuring smooth hand over from IT Delivery to IT Service.
- Come out with release calendars with a continuous cadence of release deployments
- Proven work experience of 4+ years, within Release Management, and with overall 8+ work experience working in a software development field, in an Agile setup.
- Strong stakeholders Management skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams to ensure tasks are completed in time with the release schedule
- Problem solving
- In-depth knowledge of common agile and / or classical procedural models (SCRUM/ ITIL).
- Good experience with build and release management, continuous integration/continuous development.
- Ability to go into the details of the issue.
- Good experience of working JIRA and Confluence tools
- Worked as a Release Manager (or similar) for a global or international company
How we work
We are active people, working together with others who are different and willing to make a difference. We love people that want to learn about payments. Working here combines an autonomous workstyle with cooperative teamwork with people from diverse backgrounds. Every Friday we have another Knowledge Sharing session, with topics from marketing to fraud and machine learning to global partnerships. One day you’ll host your own knowledge session to help the rest of us understand something you know everything about!
What we’re doing
Dimebox delivers new payment technology that is designed to blow legacy solutions out of the water. Ecommerce businesses need a payment platform that offers complete control of the whole payment journey from a single touchpoint. That’s why we work on creating deep data insights, a rock-solid, scalable architecture, and build global integrations with payment methods and banks. Combine that with the highest security and reliability standards and you get an idea of the type of work that our developers do. We’re always looking for the best stack, the best way to scale, and the practises that make sure our platform performs to the standards of giant global clients that process millions of transactions every day.
Join our worldwide team