For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets. In late 2018, Verifone acquired Dimebox, to challenge the payments industry with innovative technology that merchants and financial institutions could use to process online payments in a way that was fit for the modern age. In 2020 Verifone acquired 2CO with niche products in the ePayments ecosystem.
eCommerce within Verifone is growing and on it’s way to become a solid competitor offering various solutions to the market next to the current big players. Together with all our Verifone colleagues cross the globe, we are building a brand-new payments platform offering Omni channel solution to our customers. With this role, you will be part of engineering team based in Bucharest, and play a key role in building ecommerce solutions for our merchants
This role is working for a global organisation within the Verifone Payment Systems team that delivers services to process payment through to different acquirers in the world. We are looking for people with positive attitude, committed to excellence, solution and result oriented teammates who will join our team of passionate professionals.
You will be part of the Global engineering organisation and manage and deliver projects and roadmaps in accordance with our SDLC process and delivery method. You will be part of a growing team and continuously be part of shaping and improving the current process. In this role you will get the opportunity to bring your ideas and expertise to the table and incorporate these in the company’s way of working.
Do you want to work in a challenging software development domain with multiple interesting projects? Building new features, implementing new payment methods, and broadening our footprint of ecommerce globally? Are you looking to work in a multinational environment? Do you like working in an agile and ever-changing environment? If so, this is the job for you.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Planning, executing, and finalizing projects throughout the software development life cycle (in an Agile way)
- Nurturing positive, collaborative working relationships with internal company wide stakeholders through regular communication and continual expectation management
- Ownership of Project task details, dates, and milestones. Responsibility of holding the delivery teams accountable for updating task status/progress to understand milestone tracking
- Support and collaborate team Leaders to ensure deadlines are followed
- Communicate updates and weekly reports to project stakeholders and drive issues to resolution
- Input and update JIRA
- Identifies the risks of the program (e.g., specification completion, resources, planning, etcetera) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks by defining corrective actions and driving the projects to closure
Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- At least 5 Years of experience in IT, project management or a related field
- 3 Years of experience in R&D project management/Scrum Master using Agile Scrum
- Knowledge of Prince 2
- Extensive knowledge in Agile and SAFe methodology deliveries and traditional project management concepts, practices, and procedures according to Prince 2 and PMP
- Ability to analyse problems, present options and facilitate the decision-making process
- Strong organizational skills, negotiate and continually manage expectations under time-constrained circumstances
- Ability to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong skills to organize the project in Jira and Confluence
- You have a deeply high level of energy, drive, and creativity to take on complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, customer centric and sales focused ambitious environment.
- Flexible during times of change.
Additional requirements are a Plus
- Knowledge of the payments industry
- Familiarity with projects delivered in microservices application landscape
What we offer
- Dynamic and fast paced organization operating globally with different teams both from business and technology
- Good compensation including a pension plan and other benefits we will tell you about once we get into the last round
- International working environment
- An organisation where you can learn and grow and thrive
- Office in the center of Amsterdam with a nice team
- We offer Macbook pro’s to all our employees, but a windows laptop can be requested
- Contract of Employment
- Benefits package
Join our worldwide team