Senior Project Manager
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. We are connecting more than 25 million payment devices to the cloud - merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers. We are built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security.
Our people are known as trusted experts that work with our clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers, helping to tackle their most complex payments challenges.
We have a global R&D organization with several core sites building our global solution stack. We are looking for people with positive attitude, committed to excellence, solution and result oriented teammates who will join our team of passionate professionals.
We are growing our talented tech team in Romania where we are hiring a Senior Project Manager. We are looking for a strong technical project manager who has vast experience in managing medium to large scale SW projects from the first idea to the successful deployment and integration at the client site.
Verifone is developing omni-channel payment solutions to enable its clients to accept next to traditional payments by cards so called Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) in their physical stores and online across the Globe. APMs are traditionally QR code-based payments, where a consumer scans a QR code presented to him/her at a merchant or when the merchant scans a QR code on a consumer’s phone to authorize a transaction. Upon scanning, the transaction routes outside of the traditional card acquiring and authorization rails and is authorized by the alternative payment provider. Examples of APMs amongst others are Alipay, WeChat Pay, PayPal on global scale and Swish, MobilePay, Vipps on regional/country level scale.
What you`ll do:
You will be a part of highly motivated and tech savvy team who has been delivering APMs to the entire Globe since few years. No boundaries/Silos for the members and transparent team culture allows everyone to showcase their knowledge/expertise in all project phases.
Reporting to the Global Product Owner APM, you will manage complex SW projects end-to-end from the initial idea to the successful deployment and integration ensuring that all solution components including Verifone’s Cloud Services, Payment Terminal Applications and Terminal Management will be developed and delivered on time, in quality and in budget.
This includes to
Ensure that project work is well-defined and planned by thorough scope definition, estimation, cost-budgeting, resourcing, scheduling, and placing under ongoing change control
Ensure effective risk, issue, action, and change management, including timely decision making for risks and changes, timely issue resolution, and comprehensive action
Establish, maintain and execute an effective communications plan serving all stakeholder needs. Ensure team clarity on objectives, scope, and roles, and communicates the work plan with regular and meaningful reports on status and performance
What you need to have:
- At least 6 years of experience as SW project manager, thereof 2 years in medium to large scale SW projects
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science (or related advanced technical degree) or Business Administration
- Strong experience with both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall Software Development practices
- Eagerness to gain a deep technical understanding of the overall solution
- Hands on experience with tools like MS Project, Jira, Confluence
- Own SW development experience is a plus
- Experience with cloud-based solutions is a plus
- You are logical & analytical with a problem-solving mindset
- You pay great attention to details and you can work with minimal supervision
- You are a team player and self-driven, with the ability to learn new tools and technologies independently
- You show excellent communication skills in English
- You possess good work ethics and a positive team attitude
- You have a solid track record of managing large scale projects in time, in quality and budget across multiple teams and in a multi-site setup
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment
Why you’ll love working with us:
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art cloud-based solution stack
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
Join our worldwide team