Software Engineer - Back End
We used to be a small company named Dimebox, founded in 2014 to challenge the payments industry with innovative technology that merchants and financial institutions could use to process online payments in a way that was fit for the modern age. We created a future-proof platform that could grow with the evolving needs of today’s market.
In late 2018 we were acquired by Verifone, one of the largest payment technology companies in the world. Their focus was originally mainly on the payment terminals you see in most shops, but with the acquisition of Dimebox they are expanding their foothold in the online payments sector.
Dimebox needs you to put the power of payments back into the hands of those who need it. Our clients are not able to optimize their business without us, and rely on our technology to stay competitive and deliver next-level consumer experiences to their customers. We are looking for a back-end software developer to help flesh out the only payment platform in the world that turns every player in the ecommerce market into a winner. Designing and building new modules, or improving the existing parts of the API will be some of your daily activities. The projects are real and the challenges often require non-trivial solutions, making teamwork a critical factor for our fast paced scrum teams.
There are exciting problems to be tackled in security, cryptography and artificial intelligence. Offering a global payment technology platform involves dealing with a number of third-party systems and services, so get ready to integrate a diverse range of external APIs!
- Build and design an API that developers find a joy to work with
- Integrate new payment methods, supporting services and innovative solutions provided by third-party systems into the Dimebox platform
- Deliver quality work in high-security and high-performance environments: The stakes are high. Our clients expect the best and we are true to our word.
- Have a deep understanding of the evolving needs developers have when working with APIs
- Development experience of at least 7 years with at least in the requested technology stack
- Eager to develop and deploy skills in the payment arena and raise the bar of current technological functionality in that field.
- Love to challenge yourself by working in high-security and high-performance environments
- RESTful API programming is in your blood, as you'll interact with a lot of third-party systems and services.
- Want to experience the latest developments in security, cryptography, artificial intelligence, databases, CI
- Used to deliver requirements in a fast paced demanding environment
- different storage engines (or databases), SQL and noSQL
- Redis, MapD
- Apache Kafka
- Jenkins, GIT
How we work:
We are active people, working together with others who are different and willing to make a difference. We love people that want to learn about payments. That’s why we host our weekly Payments 101 sessions. Working here combines an autonomous workstyle with cooperative teamwork with people from diverse backgrounds. Every Friday we have another Knowledge Sharing session, with topics from marketing to fraud and machine learning to global partnerships. One day you’ll host your own knowledge session to help the rest of us understand something you know everything about!
What we’re doing:
Dimebox delivers new payment technology that is designed to blow legacy solutions out of the water. Ecommerce businesses need a payment platform that offers complete control of the whole payment journey from a single touchpoint. That’s why we work on creating deep data insights, a rock-solid, scalable architecture, and build global integrations with payment methods and banks. Combine that with the highest security and reliability standards and you get an idea of the type of work that our developers do. We’re always looking for the best stack, the best way to scale, and the practises that make sure our platform performs to the standards of giant global clients that process millions of transactions every day.
True to our startup roots, we’re quite quick on our feet. We know the kind of talent we’re looking for and we’ll try to schedule a meeting with the right team members and management rapidly. You can expect a quick progression from the first meeting through other rounds and to the potential welcome into our team.
You are much more than a developer at Backbase: you are a pioneer, a mentor, an expert, and a guardian. Being one of our Senior Java Developers we expect you to create your own vision and initiate improvements. Every day you contribute to developing and maintaining the cutting-edge Backbase platform. You are the owner of the components you’ll be working on, dedicating yourself to making the product faster, more stable and more adaptable. You will try new technologies such as fingerprint authentication and retina scan recognition.
We love maintainable code. We’re building a product that’s expanding, and we’re not even halfway yet. You want your code to last for many years to come. Millions of people around the world rely on the products we create at Backbase for their daily banking activities. Hundreds of financial institutions use the Backbase platform. We got here by delivering an exquisite digital platform and staying true to ourselves. At Backbase we work Agile and change is constant
Join our worldwide team