Software QA Manager
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
For our Engineering center in Bucharest we are looking for a QA Manager.
What you'll do
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the QA organizational strategies and oversee all the testing activities.
- Proactively look to improve existing testing methods: refine existing tools, process, and practice.
- Set standards for uniform reporting, ticketing and documentation across QA.
- Design, implement, and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and CI/CD.
- Ensure full test coverage by making sure that all the various kinds of testing are getting covered (unit, functional, performance, regression, acceptance etc.).
- We use both of manual and automated testing so you will manage both.
- Lead the design, the development and maintenance of a new scalable automation framework.
- Provide support to the team for estimating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling test activities.
- Support releases by planning, estimating and tracking the testing efforts.
- Collaborate with various managers across the organization about features, requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate and report test progress status to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manage resources in general trough recruitment, training, budgeting, performance and career management.
- Make sure that the QA team has always the right talent in place. Sustain the growth of the team by adding valuable people, while supporting the career growth paths for existing team members.
- Support and optimize the current training plan, and create an efficient onboarding process for new joiners. Overall, accelerate the knowledge transfer and build a solid knowledge base within the team.
- Guide the team towards a culture of performance, by providing both leadership and technical guidance.
- Become a strong QA advocate inside and outside the organization. Enhance the cross-departments collaboration by creating a sense of trust and transparency. Also, engage in QA/ Engineering events by supporting the employer branding efforts in general
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- Required skills and experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or the equivalent in industry experience.
- Significant experience in leading technical teams as well as hands-on experience in QA automation and/or software development.
- Experience in developing and implementing a Test Automation strategy
- Understanding the Agile software development principles and testing practices, like release planning, test plans, test cases, and CI/CD
- Hands-on experience with software testing.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies /concepts: Python, BDD, Behave, pyTest, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, GitLab
- The ability to identify and prioritize current and upcoming needs of QA teams, building out new processes, systems, and structures as well as optimizing existing ones.
- Proven success delivering results in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Nice to have: experience in eCommerce industry / critical web-based application.
- You embody the right mixt of strong technical expertise and high level of emotional intelligence.
- You are passionate about people, mentoring, and building a strong work culture.
- You have a positive attitude and a demonstrated track record of effective leadership.
- You manage to influence and negotiate successfully across all levels of an organization.
- You have good project management skills and the ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- You are a self-motivated person with a can-do mindset.
- You are an articulated individual, possessing excellent communication skills.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team