For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role:
- Designing software solutions that address complex business requirements and reviewing their implementation
- Analyzing the industry innovation trends and combining existing technologies with new tools and processes that ensure continuous code quality
- Creating architectural blueprints and technical documentation, demonstrating prototypes through hands-on development
- Optimizing software design based on rigorous understanding of costs and returns
- Adjusting the technical solutions to serve both time-critical and long-term project requirements
- Collaborating with the other departments to transform business requirements into technical specifications
- Providing technical direction within the R&D group, defining technical and coding standards
- Tackling code complexity and scalability issues by advocating code quality and refactoring techniques and leading the implementation of modular architectures
- Increasing adoption of design patterns and software reusability within the R&D team through pair programming
- Increasing adoption of XP/CI/CD practices and techniques
- Managing complexity through extracting reusable frontend components and backend microservices
- Creating code templates for bootstrapping the development process across multiple teams
- Provide technical direction and vision to the software development teams
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Architect contributing to complex frontend applications
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Deep understanding of business, information, infrastructure and software specializations areas
- Experience of working in Agile environments with distributed teams
- Demonstrable experience with one or more modern front-end frameworks: Vue (experience with this framework represents an advantage), React, Angular etc.
- Experience with JS unit testing approaches, such as: Jest, Jasmine, Mocha etc.
- Experience bundling code for production using tools like Webpack or Parcel
- Extensive experience integrating with RESTful APIs and JSON/XML
- Expertise with concepts related to data flow and component driven architectures (with practical experience based on Vue, React, Angular or similar)
- Knowledge of package managers, bundlers, and their use in building complex interactive experiences
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Responsive / Adaptive / Fluid Design demonstrable experience
- Understanding of front-end development best practices (accessibility, 508/WCAG compliance, performance optimization, SEO)
- Micro Frontends experience would be a plus
- Experience with WebSockets, ServerSent Events or other browser-based push protocols would be a plus
- Practical knowledge with at least a backend programming language
- Experience with distributed systems, cloud-based solutions (AWS), caching layers, indexing services, non-relational databases, asynchronous queuing systems
- Experience with TDD/ BDD practices, CI and/ or CD systems
- Previous experience with an enterprise architecture modeling software (modeling diagrams, requirements management, tracing changes)
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Initiative and ability to work part of a continuous growing team
- Solid command of English.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Work on state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team