Application Support Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
In this role an incumbent will administer and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis
What you'll do
- Should have expertise in Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Exposure to Microservice Architecture
- Managing Production Systems and ensure high availability of the services
- Ability to work with Monitoring Tools like App Dynamics, ELK, etc.
- Good Exposure to ITIL Process and Guidelines – responsible for handling Change/Incident/Problem Management process
- Engage with the production support and development team throughout the life-cycle to help build for reliability
- Supervise all alerts related to application and system procedures and provide services proactively
- Coordinate with teams and resolve all complex application and system issue
- Interested to learn new technologies
- Interested to work on various shifts and On-call
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 6 to 10 years of experience on Application Support
- Strong Linux Skills
- Experience in supporting Linux based Applications
- Database Skills – RDBMS / NoSQL Databases
- Good Experience in Application Support
- Exposure to CI/CD tools & processes
- Strong Troubleshooting skills and good communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams
- Strong knowledge on API Gateways and Web Proxy Concepts
- Exposure to Networking Concepts, Traffic Management
- Good Understanding on SSL/TLS Concepts
- Exposure to API Gateway Applications like Kong or equivalent applications is an added advantage
- Good Experience in managing Microservice Applications
- Good Experience in distributed systems like Kafka or equivalent
- Good Understanding of Publish/Subscribe architecture like Kafka, Active MQ, Rabbit MQ
- Ability to work with DB Technologies primarily on NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Good Query Development Skills
- Good Analytical Skills – Experience on Data Analytics/Data Science an added advantage
- Strong knowledge on Web Applications/Web Services
- Strong knowledge on Web Servers like NGINX, Tomcat, etc.
- Ability to work on Web deployments and manage web applications
- Good understanding on HTML, Node JS, Java Script, etc
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team