Principal Electrical Design Engineer (Lead)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
What you'll do
- Deliver cost effective and solid hardware solution
- Conduct board level circuit design and development of a POS terminal, including digital, analog and system power portions.
- Integrate EE, RF, EMC and CTLS internally and help drive decisions with ME, SW and ID teams to meet product requirements within program constraints
- Perform engineering tasks (design, documentation, analysis, sourcing, etc)
- Solve a broad range of problems of varying scope or complexity
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Master degree with a minimum of 10 years related engineering experience.
- Knowledge in-depth of embedded system and solid design skill, especially for power and analog circuits
- Familiar with designing products that meets industrial requirement/standards (Environmental, EMC, Safety, etc)
- Demonstrates competence in all phases of systems analysis, hardware development process and/or functional engineering principles.
- Must be familiar with standard engineering release practices, including documentation control and detailed reliability qualification testing.
- Strong verbal and written communications in English and technical leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and driving result in a changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including failure analysis.
- Identify design risks and develop mitigation strategies
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team