For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
An incumbent will be Designing software solutions that address complex business requirements and reviewing their implementation
What you'll do
- Analyzing the industry innovation trends and combining existing technologies with new tools and processes that ensure continuous code quality
- Creating architectural blueprints and technical documentation, demonstrating prototypes through hands-on development
- Optimizing software design based on rigorous understanding of costs and returns
- Adjusting the technical solutions to serve both time-critical and long-term project requirements
- Collaborating with the other departments to transform business requirements into technical specifications
- Providing technical direction within the R&D group, defining technical and coding standards
- Tackling code complexity and scalability issues by advocating code quality and refactoring techniques and leading the implementation of modular architectures
- Increasing adoption of design patterns and software reusability within the R&D team through pair programming
Increasing adoption of XP/CI/CD practices and techniques
- Managing complexity through extracting reusable frontend components and backend microservices
- Creating code templates for bootstrapping the development process across multiple teams
- Provide technical direction and vision to the software development teams
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- More than 15 years' of overall experience and minimum 3+ years of experience as a Software Architect contributing to complex applications
- Deep understanding of business, information, infrastructure and software specializations areas
- Experience of working in Agile environments with distributed teams
- Experience with WebSockets, ServerSent Events or other browser-based push protocols would be a plus
- Practical experience in any of these programming languages: TypeScript, Java, Kotlin
- Experience with distributed systems, cloud-based solutions (AWS), caching layers, indexing services, non-relational databases, asynchronous queuing systems
- Experience with TDD/ BDD practices, CI and/ or CD systems
- Previous experience with an enterprise architecture modeling software (modeling diagrams, requirements management, tracing changes)
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Initiative and ability to work as part of a continuously growing team
- Solid command of the English language
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team