First and foremost, our thoughts are with the people and communities impacted by COVID-19. The wellbeing and safety of our employees, customers and partners is our top focus at this time.
Verifone is in a strong position to weather these difficult times and continue providing our products and services. We are closely monitoring the situation, preparing for potential scenarios and reacting rapidly to the evolving conditions and new information as it comes in. We are monitoring and adjusting our plans on a daily basis.
We also believe that it is important to provide you with clear communications so that you have information on the actions we are taking in response to COVID-19. Here is a summary of some of the steps we have taken:
- We are following guidance from regulatory agencies in the regions in which we operate, including the CDC, WHO and local authorities.
- We have enacted travel restrictions, work-from-home policies as necessary, and established other policies and procedures with the purpose of keeping our employees safe and reducing the spread of illness. We have also emphasized that our employees should not come into our facilities if they show any signs of sickness or believe they have been potentially exposed.
- Providing payment services to our customers is obviously paramount. The Verifone Cloud Services team (VCS) has updated and preemptively tested business continuity plans and procedures that were previously in place. Verifone will continue business activities 24/7 in the event of office shutdowns or other unplanned limitations around the globe. VCS teams are located across multiple regions to maintain services.
- We have a globally distributed workforce and are maintaining robust cloud-based productivity tools to help ensure that our employees remain accessible to our customers and partners even if our facilities are not accessible.
- We are implementing enhanced sanitization measures at our facilities, including at our repair centers. We are also providing our employees with training on steps that they can take to keep themselves safe.
- Our Operations team is working around the clock to minimize disruption to our hardware production. We are well positioned for success with manufacturing spread across the Asia Pacific region and elsewhere. Labor and upstream supply shortages out of China are improving, and we expect the trend to continue toward normalcy over the coming months.
On behalf of all our teams, thank you for your business and continued trust in Verifone. We are proud to be a valued partner to you in these uncertain times. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your account representative.